Photographs, vintage postcards and other ephemera


Saturday 22 December 2012

With the Compliments of the Season

A seasonal card from WW1 for this week's Sepia Saturday.
On the reverse: Harold Moyse, 11 Victoria Parade, Muswell Hill, N. and the Town, Enfield. The hand-written message reads With the Compliments of the Season from Marion & Tom to Mr & Mrs C. Moses.

Tom is wearing the uniform of the Royal Army Medical Corps (RAMC); his wife Marion and their daughters are beautifully dressed. The family makes me think of my grandfather's photograph and I wonder whether Tom met a different fate.

My own Compliments of the Season to all my fellow Sepia Saturday participants.

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Lovely photo card. And my compliments of the season to you as well. Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

A beautiful photo indeed. May the Christmas season bless your family with all it's gifts.
QMM

Bob Scotney said...

Have a very Merry Christmas and keep the cards and photos coming.

Peter said...

I do hope Tom survived but even if he did, the job of the RAMC in those days was not an easy one.
Merry Christmas to you, Wibbo!

Teresa Wilson Rogers said...

Lovely family holiday photo, I hope they live a long and happy life together. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Mike Brubaker said...

A fine choice to celebrate the Sepia season. Merry Christmas.

Postcardy said...

I hope Tom met a different fate than your grandfather.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!